Thursday, February 13, 2014

Snow Day Announcement



This is the kind of school I teach in... Watch our new head of school, Mr. Necktie, and the assistant head/upper school director, Mr. Bowtie, as they tell us whether or not school will be in session.  I hear the sweater is up for grabs at our annual Parents Council Auction to be held in March.

Bonne chance to the Ex-Ex as he scrapes the ice and snow off his car and tries to get to his office.  Personally, I think he nuts.  (Maybe he did not watch his colleagues rapping about Ice, ice, baby...)  Not me.  I intend to stay warmly ensconced in my pyjamas and watch La Fille du Puisatier, Marcel Pagnol's story of the well-digger's daughter, with Daniel Autueil speaking French with a Provençal accent.   I watched Fanny and then Marius in the plane on the way back from France a couple of weeks ago.  Have I ever said how much I love Air France?  Well, I do!  Champagne for apéritif and all the French movies I can watch in 8 1/2 hours!  Here's the trailer to the movie.  Just listen to his accent.  I wonder if he is from Provence?  I must google him and find out.




Bon appétit to my students who are still sleeping in instead of sitting in French class!

No comments: